All air conditioning units will eventually fail, leaving you to decide whether to repair your air conditioning or install a new air conditioning system.
There are many factors to consider before making this decision, however, the majority of our customers are most concerned with maximising efficiency and minimising cost.
Our new air conditioning installation experts in the Blue Mountains are always available to help you make your decision, or keep reading to discover some of the things you will need to assess.
Factors To Consider
- How old is the air conditioner?
- What condition is your air conditioner in? Has it had regular maintenance?
- How much will repairs cost?
- Is there a likelihood of more repairs in the future?
- Are replacement parts for your particular unit readily available?
- How long will your air conditioning be down before it can be repaired?
- What are the running costs of your current air conditioner? How does this compare to the running costs of a new air conditioning system?
- Do you really need or want air conditioning?
- What is your budget for a new air conditioning unit?
How Old Is Your Air Conditioner?
If your air conditioner is over 10 years old, it is generally advisable to replace it. Chances are it will be difficult to find replacement parts, and it will not be as energy efficient as a new air conditioning unit.
Although you will have the initial expense of purchasing and installing a new air conditioner, an energy efficient unit will save you money over time.
For example, did you know that there has been around a 30 percent increase in the Energy Efficiency Rating of air conditioners since 2009? Meanwhile, the purchase price has decreased and installation costs have remained static.
Air Conditioner Maintenance
Whether you decide to repair or replace, regular maintenance is crucial to keep your unit running efficiently and prevent breakdowns.
We’ll discuss air conditioner maintenance in more details in our next blog post, but most units should have their air filters cleaned every two months (more in certain circumstances).
Looking For an Air Conditioning Expert in the Blue Mountains?
Altitude Air Solutions Can Help. Installations, Repairs and Maintenance. Contact Us Today!